Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Kitchen project update

This week of kitchen project hasn't gone as smoothly as possible... but it's gone.

Accomplishments:

I awoke Tuesday morning at 0330 and repainted my walls. (without primer) The paint store accidentally mixed a color that had dried orange. I did not like it. But I loved the new color and spent the rest of the day painting the ceiling, too. The photo doesn't do the color justice, but it's perfect!



I stained cabinet doors (4 times before I found their perfect color) Yes... I did color test on a board, but when they were all stained, they just didn't do anything for me. Then I did them dark. Nah... then I added more stain, wiped it all off and started over. Now I love them.




I cut and cemented the slate on the Island and  all counters. I love my tile saw~ That took longer than planned, but it always does. Trim and grouting to go.


 OH... and I have a sink too!


I stained the window trim, twice. First Bombay Mahogany. Second Red Mahogany. Don't let the name confuse you. Bombay is Red, Red is Dark.  I pulled off the blue tape and I will be adding Goof Off to the next project. 



I started my tiling. Not as easy as you would think. This is an old house... 50 plus years. It actually was actually moved from SEATAC airport before the second runway went in. The floors are uneven. In the area I started, the floor is sloping a couple directions. A full bucket up thinset to level each tile as I went. Such a challenge.




New beverage fridge will go here. I'll be stoning the backsplash with brick.



Between multiple Home Depot and Lowes visits and 2 Miller paint store visits, four trips to the airport I am making progress. Late nights, early mornings. And I lost my camera.  And Ryan Lock passed through the city on his way to Dallas. It was great to meet him. We got me a new camera and ate at 13 coins. He's headed to Atlanta, and I'm going to bed.

I'll have more complete next week.

Enjoy the journey!
XOX Karlene


6 comments:

  1. ....like the colour of the tile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Photos don't do the colors justice. When I'm done, I'll have natural light and get a good one. Actually... Friday I'll take some of those. It really is great. I had it in my old kitchen and was thankful to find it again.

      Delete
  2. Karlene, you're kitchen looks wonderful!! Your hard work is definitely showing. I seriously think you need to take next weekend off for a get away and pamper yourself. You definitely deserve it! Very happy you now have a camera and you met up with Ryan.. See you very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Can hardly wait until it's all done. :) I will take a weekend away...and look forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Oh Karlene san!I know your kitchen one month ago,and really?!That's amazing!!Star painting at 03:30 is unbelievable:)!!
    Have a great weekend,
    warm regards,
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jun!!! I can hardly wait for you to come see it in person!
      You have a GREAT weekend too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!